Ideal Sprint Rapide RS75N (No Hot Water)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am without hot water at home, Our boiler stopped working overnight on Friday, so I checked the pilot light was lit, which was fine, but still no hot water, boiler also wasn't firing up on turning on heating or running hot tap. We are with a well known Gas company for cover, who came out yesterday, did a service and looked at why we aren't getting any hot water or heating. I cannot recall what he said exactly as it went completely over my head (Jargon), but basically he said there is a part that needs replacing to fix the issue, however this is now obsolete and we would need a new boiler, We are booked in for a quote next week. He has somehow managed to get the boiler to work for the central heating, which is now working fine, all radiators okay etc, but not for hot water.

I just wanted to ask what I should do next, and what possibly may be the cause, and if a new boiler is actually needed or this is repairable. I have read online it could be the diverter? Which is something that apparently can be replaced.

Regards

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back