Ideal Standard basin waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am trying to replace the waste on this sink but there doesn't seem to be anyway to remove the exsisting one? there is no nut securing it to the sink or anything else to undo. Its about four years old.
Any help appreciated! :D

Regards
Ray

Sponsored Links
A picture would help... Is there a screw in the middle of the plug hole fitting ?

Thanks for the reply :D
There is no screw in the middle, this is one that is operated from a rod connected to the tap for rising the plug.
It's strange, i can't see any screws or nuts anywhere :confused:
I will try to take a picture....

Ray

The metal part that the pop up lever fits into is in effect the "nut", you need to screw this off the part that fits in from the basin.

Jason

Sponsored Links
I too, am having the same problem as Ray. That is, a pop-up basin waste which has no back nut. Does Jason mean that the whole body of the pop-up housing (i.e. everything between the u-bend - having disconnected the u-bend - and the underside of the basin) should be unscrewed from, effectively, the bottom of the basin? I assumed that this is what Jason meant. However, the unit does seem to be very tight and I thought I'd better check before I exert more force to unscrew the pop-up housing and, potentially, break something.

David

Hi Charnwood. Many thanks for this. My set-up does look very like this. However, I'm still not sure how the "waste body" (10. in the diagram) separates from "waste flange" (13. in the diagram). Is it the case that the entire "waste body" is to be "unscrewed" to release the waste from the basin? The diagram doesn't indicate any screw thread between the "body" and the "flange". Sorry if I sound a bit dim.

13 should unscrew out of 10.

After you remove the pop-up plug there may be some lugs inside 13 to help turn it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back