ideal standard e type boiler unwell...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi. my boiler is not well. the gas valve has gone. i have found the link to a replacement, thanks to this site, but the heat exchanger seems to be leaking as well as a valve on the left hand side the engineer said was (i think) a release valve which i can see is leaking... can i get spares for it. i dont want a new boiler, not just the cost, as this thing has been great. can anyone help with chasing these parts? is it worth fixing... the engineer is a mate i used to work onsite with and told me to keep the beast when i bought the house ten years ago...
many thanks,

Sponsored Links
If the heat exchanger is leaking there's nowt you can do. This boiler has been obsolete for years. Time to get a quote for a new one.

10 years ago your mate gave you very good advice, however after 10 years the advice would not be the same nothing lasts forever give the faithfull old friend a last hug and put it in a skip!

It really is time for a new one! (I'm sure you will come to love the new one just as much!) ;)

Could be time for a new boiler, BUT, before you scrap it, it wont cost much to get someone to fit the new part for you, it's a longshot, but it might just work.

Sponsored Links
Gas valve still available and leaking safety valve can be removed and plugged off should not have damaged heat ex

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back