Ideal Standard push button toilet - how to remove lid?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a toilet system that is push button and on the ring surrounding the buttons is "Ideal Standard". I've been trying to figure out how to remove the lid of the tank for the past few hours and have come up short. Google and searching manufacturer's website is no help either.

Anyway, thinking that it is the button (and the ring) that is holding the lid onto the tank I've tried twisting it round and round but it only went so far round in each direction and in each case the lid still wouldn't budge.

I bet it's something really obvious but right now it's evading me :(

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
There's a lot of people suddenly wanting to remove their cistern covers simultaneously. Strange phenomena :confused:

Not a strange phenomenon just bad workmanship by dodgy plumbers and poor quality materials by rip off producers. Hopefully this information on removing the lid will save me ANOTHER £25 call out charge.

Seriously people, if you are in the Halifax area watch out which plumber you use, Simon...you know who you are.

Hello all ! Thanks for the great tip, it really saved my day !!! :D I got a plumber who told me a lot of nonsense explanations about not being able to open the lid and this post proved him totally wrong. Overhere, in Mauritius, it is very rare to get professional plumbers. They will charge a lot for their incompetence and almost everytime, they will upset us. Cheers all !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back