idears

Sponsored Links
This was posted recently. Coincidentally I had been planning something along the same lines, but simpler, to store a vacuum cleaner and tools at the foot of my staircase.

There's a lot of potential space under a staircase; the trick is to make it accessible. In my last house I made three bays, each with its own door, underneath the length of the stair. Plywood bulkheads between them helped to provide the structural strength which I may have lost by replacing the existing wooden panelling with hinged doors. One of the doors (at the bottom end) was made in two parts, piano-hinged together, to allow the maximum width of opening while avoiding obstructing a corridor when the door was opened.

good idear mate. but i mean we have A cubberd under the stars.. and we hang clothes up and put all the crap in need to build some shelving under the stares .thanks

Sponsored Links
can any 1 give me idears on under stairs storage cheers kev

are you talking enclosed or open !!

side entrance or end entrance !!!

and do not even consider altering the treads themself [steps]as the tread and riser work as a unit to give strength :rolleyes: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back