Ideas for alcove in bedroom please? (with pics)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is the corner of my bedroom - the "plinth" at the bottom left behind the stud wall is over the stairs (and can't be removed).

Can anyone give me some bright ideas on how to use this space? Current plan is to extend the stud wall and put in a standard door so it could be used as a walk-in wardrobe. Otherwise lost for inspiration :unsure:

IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0299.JPG

IMG_0300.JPG

IMG_0301.JPG

Sponsored Links
Frame in from studs to window ,put bifold doors.
in alcove over stairs put upper shelf and bar for clothes hangers.
drywall all walls and paint.
install ceiling light id desired

Lots of potential there

Could fix some nice chrome shackles to the bare brick, and make a cosh/whip rack in the stud wall. Overboard with 4mm hardboard and lay some nice ceramic tiles

Use rockwool for sound proofing though

Or just fit a computer desk

Sponsored Links
Pole_Small.gif

depends what your wife/girlfriend/lover/boyfriend/master/mistress/pet/inflatable looks like ?

otherwise, i would put a shower in the alcove
:p

Hmmm, tempting as the "lifestyle" choices are, I might play it safe and go for the wardrobe option :LOL: Now what to do with that understairs cupboard... ;)

Hmmm, tempting as the "lifestyle" choices are, I might play it safe and go for the wardrobe option :LOL: Now what to do with that understairs cupboard... ;)

if you change the cupboard under the stairs where will you keep the gimp? ;) :LOL: ;) :LOL:

mark - an en-suite shower room is the answer; why not go the whole hog and 'wet-room' the en-suite. This solution will greatly add value to your house. Your external wall could solve some of the tricky problems encountered when doing en-suites, namely, waste runs & extraction.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back