Ideas for driveway??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm in need of renewing the front garden,
Ive got the "garden" part of it sorted (turf and arrangement for plants etc) but need to surface the driveway, its not small so block paving etc will be a relatively big, time consuming job (and also materials costly), getting a contractor in will certainly cost too much. The current surface is a rough stone, pretty much like building aggregate.

I originally had the idea of slate chippings but have been put off the idea from what I have read (can damage car tyres and will crush relatively fast), any input on this would be great though.

Any other similar driveway materials that are relatively cheap and don't look too bad? (not golden gravel as we've got that in the back already).

Sponsored Links
Just came across red granite, that looks alright. Will keep that as last resort kind of thing.

Whats the easiest way to skim up an inch or so of the old stone/aggregate? The chippings/stone (whatever its called) is a mix of about 15-30mm bits, quite tough on the ground.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back