Ideas for Refurbishment - 3 storey terraced weaver's cottage

G

grcj8

Hi,

This property I have been looking at needs a complete makeover. The living room is the front of the house (the house is along a road in the middle of town). The kitchen is to the rear (has a shared garden). The stairs are off the kitchen.

I'm not sure whether to sell this property on or rent this in the future. My question is that if I were to rent this out, is it likely to meet the regulations (having the stairs lead to the kitchen etc)?

I'm also unsure of the best way to add value on the second floor by either adding a second bathroom or have an ensuite off Bedroom Two? Are there likely to be any issues with meeting building regs for this? Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
From what I understand, applications that require regularisation must only seek to ensure that the house is not less compliant than before. If you add an ensuite then it must be correctly sealed and ventilated under protection from moisture regs, therefore meaning the house is at least as good as it was but it doesn't mean you have to bring the whole house up to current standards.

Given that you're giving it a complete makeover, why not move the door at the bottom of the stairs so the stairs empty into the lounge? Is there space to put a PD rear extension dining room, make a hallway to the stairs, and around their base, WC under and push the kitchen away from the stairs?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back