Ideas on fixing a bathroom shower screen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need to fit a showerscreen in the normal place for a bath. The wall i would need to screw the screen to is a simple stud wall covered with plasterboard and then tiles. Problem is directly behind the plasterboard where i would need to screw into is the soil pipe. It's literally butted up against the back of the plasterboard so can't really use any of the normal fixings. One suggestion was to use a product called 'Sticks like Sh*t' - a kind of No Nails for the trade. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether 'glueing' the screen would be sufficient or have any other ideas on how the screen could be fixed. The screen will be a simple glass one (no folding mechanism) and would simply run along the edge of the bath. I have no need for it to swing open/shut. It would remain in the same position all the time. Any help greatfully appreciated

Sponsored Links
Just an idea..Can you fit say a plank of wood/ply about 10mm thick about 75mm wide (the length of the shower screens height) but fix it so the soil pipe is to one side of this piece of wood. You could screw & glue this then fit your screen to this wood. This would be secure.

I'd use that 'Sticks like Sh*t' to stick a piece of 2x1ins timber to the wall right up to the ceiling and find something to attach it to in/on the ceiling, {has to be something up there even if it means going into the roof space!!} and then screw the showerscreen to that. ''jobs a good en!''

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back