Ideas wanted for Log burning stove installation

Nigel i have just brought a invicta inset stove and i am fitting it were my Gas fire is could i use the same flue or not also the cap on top

No you cannot use the same flue. You need a multifuel flue. Have a look at this site > http://www.fluestore.com/index.php .

You will need :
Flexi Flue
Flexi flue to vitreous flue connector
Sleeve for the inside of the flue at the top
Rain Cap
Register plate
Top plate
Top clamp

On saying all of that, if you have a sound, leak free chimney with a decent draw you will just need a register plate and vitreous flue, and remove the existing flue. Get it checked by a HETAS engineer.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed you have an inset stove, you will need a flexi flue, although you wont need a vitreous flue section.

Box clever
Thanks for the advise and the help. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Richard i'm not intending to break any forum rules, just offer a possible source of work to guys who know their stuff.

We get asked for recommended fitters all the time but we only know a few in the North West so if we let other lads from round the country post their details up on our website we don't benefit in any way - just help our customers find a tradesman.

Hopefully no-one thinks that is harmful in anyway?

Hopefully no-one thinks that is harmful in anyway?
Certainly not a problem for me, just giving you the gypsies warning; I'm just a contributor, I don’t own the site or need to sell advertising on it. :LOL:

Contributions from experts & professional suppliers has got to be a good for any site & there are one or two on here that work it well. Resurrecting old threads is just not very subtle & usually identifies spam advertisers immediately; just be careful how you tread it & admin may be generous with their censorship. ;)

Sponsored Links
Two spammers on the same thread & it's a year old one at that; if your going to spam the site at least try & pick a current thread :rolleyes:

Handyman said:
Has anyone got any bright ideas as regards what might be an effective finish for the bare bricks (or blocks) in the fireplace? .......I thought of just painting the bricks/blocks and then thought that would look naff as well. Has anyone got any other ideas?
How about painting with a textured exterior wall paint such as Snowcem? This can hold extra sand to give it more texture and comes in a variety of colours.

As to the flue pipe, make sure that you have an access panel so that the flue can be cleaned easily (people do forget this!) and get the flue cleaned twice a year to reduce the chances of a flue pipe fire

Scrit

Access panel? what a great idea...how do you incorporate this into a wood burning stove with single pipe to ceiling (then double skinned within a brick chimney at roof level and above)

People do seem to forget that the flue will need to be cleaned and access is difficult......as I am building this from scratch, any suggestions will be welcomed
Thanks

If your chopping back to give a bigger opening then I would have the reveal plastered and just pain it with a masonary paint but so long as you have 6 inchs each side of the burner it doesn't matter what you paint it with.
In answer to the chimney flu question I was told that if you put in a stainless steel liner you don't have to sweep your chimney as the soot won,t stick. Hope this helps

Old-Sign.jpg

Hi Mickfresh ; welcome to the forum but my guess is it’s all done & dusted now as this thread dates from December 2010 ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back