Identify Old Beading

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had to replace one of the sealed units on a small opening unit of a conservatory. Due to the age of the conservatory, one of the beads was brittle and broke. The conservatory was installed by Anglian windows around 1998 and is externally glazed - can anyone identify the profile please?
Bead.jpg

Sponsored Links
I scrolled straight to your photo and as soon as I saw it I said anglian, your best bet is contacting anglian, who knows which system they were fitting 23 years ago, however even if they told you it's unlikely you'll get one now

Yes I agree it’s a long shot, Anglian surprisingly suggest a new conservatory!

Maybe worth having a word with local upvc fitters for any old Anglian windows they take out. I will be honest at I normally keep their parts of windows /doors if worth keeping as you normally can't get them from Anglian but beading is a part I ever keep

Sponsored Links
I'm not saying this would work, but if the break is clean, can the two sections of beading not be rejoined using weld solvent or a very strong glue suitable for that material? Or, although a bit of a bodge, if that's not possible maybe insert one section back in to the window, put suitable exterior sealant on the broken end including over the gasket, then insert the other section and rub over the joined area to ensure covered with the sealant. Could even do that as a temp fix until replacement piece found.

Yes I think that’s the route I will have to take until I can find a used Anglian window to salvage some bead from.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back