Identify part please (moved from Projects)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I hope you can help me, I have a Deceuninck folding patio door and have broken the one of little plastic wedges which can be found in frame of the door.

I am not sure what this part would be called but without it the door is not flush and will not lock properly, please see the pictures below and I have noticed that similar parts are also fitted on window frames.

I have tried googling plastic window wedge and cannot find anything similar.

I only need one part and want to order one online but not sure what to search for, I have emailed the door makers for advice but thought I'd try this forum and see if anyone out there can advise me.

cid:5D4C58C1-5A7C-4284-891C-954875BE2240

cid:4558E9D8-2FEA-4150-BFD9-CA9A5029B3B9

cid:A2BABAC9-912D-4D6F-AA40-3365FA598405

Regards,

Delroy

Sponsored Links
Picture of part

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 125
Part pic again

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 103
Wider angle

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 102
Sponsored Links
If your sure of the make try Googling for some local Deceuninck installers. Some company say these are just transit wedges and are only there to stop the doors/windows from being bent out of shape before fitting.

To be honest your doors need adjusting. Basically it needs Toe and heeling
Take out the beads, Lift the door on the handle side and add some non compressible packers above the glass.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back