identify product used to secure glass pane?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope this is not too of topic for this thread.

I woke up to a window in my shed cracked - so need to replace. It is very straigtforward as to how it is secured now. just a pane of glass stuck into the precut frame with no beading etc. I am not sure what product has been used and would be like to purchase if someone can help to identify and use again with the new pane. They have held secure for years so obviously it works.

Its a clear translucent type of glue/sealant? I have never worked with glass before so don't know if this is a specific product or some general type of sealant/adhesive. When I peal a bit of it away it just feels/looks like sealant. Is this used/can be used to hold/secure a small pain of glass? or is it something else?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
you can also get glazing tape, that is a plastic foam strip in various thicknesses and adhesive on both sides.

It absorbs slight movement and rattles, and is difficult for a burglar to remove the glass and climb in.

Is yours a wooden or a plastic frame? Does the glass go in from the inside or the outside?

Sponsored Links
you can also get glazing tape, that is a plastic foam strip in various thicknesses and adhesive on both sides.

It absorbs slight movement and rattles, and is difficult for a burglar to remove the glass and climb in.

Is yours a wooden or a plastic frame? Does the glass go in from the inside or the outside?

Its a wooden shed and the window goes in from the inside. Very straight forward - just looking to use the same product as the maker did at first as it was very effective. Its a very sturdy well built shed so have little worries re vibrations etc. Still good to know about the tape for future references - thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back