Window pane close to a door handle

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
I have a window pane close to a door handle. If the window glass pane is broken by a burglar. They can reach the door handle on the inside through the broken window pane and grill behind. This is a security risk. I am looking at solutions, the feasible one that appears to me is to have an additional closely spaced grill onto the larger grill. So that the door handle may not be reached from the window. Does anyone know of a mesh grill that I may use and/or any alternative solution to this?

Attachments

• Front door and window1.jpeg
    Front door and window1.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 33
Sponsored Links
Are you not in the UK? Is this a shopfront or a home? It's a bit prison like if a home? Change the lock to one that needs a key and don't leave the key in the lock? Otherwsise any old grille will do - spot weled or riveted to the existing one or use security bolts.

It is a home, not in the UK. The large Window was designed by a German Architect, but when it came to choosing between security and looks. It had to have a grill. But this aspect was overlooked until there was a burglary.
Always keeping the key away may not be practical. I am also thinking of attaching a mesh to the steel grill.

Sponsored Links
It will have to be a mesh or other barrier then, clear acrylic is pretty tough (depending on the thickness) but not unbreakable, you've answered your own question. Or hand the door?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back