Identify these roof tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was hoping someone more knowledgeable than I could help identify my roof tiles.

More specifically I need to source a suitable vent tile for bathroom and shower room ventilation as the previous owner of the house saw fit to vent these into the loft (of a steel frame roof!).

For example... would this be suitable?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261763529681

Thanks in advance!

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the help.

Sorry about the 'waz' quality of the photo, but I'm afraid that's the best I could manage in failing light after work and without a ladder.

I appreciate the identification though :)

Are these Marley tiles just kind of hooked onto battens? i.e. IS it easy enough to remove one to cut through for a vent and then replace it with a suitable vent tile?

Sponsored Links
Are these Marley tiles just kind of hooked onto battens?
You may find some courses are nailed.

IS it easy enough to remove one to cut through for a vent and then replace it with a suitable vent tile?
Yes easy. You may find that shoving the non-nailed tiles above a course that is nailed is the easiest way to get at a nailed tile.

Make sure that you select a vent position that is not being fouled by joists rafters, noggings, cables or pipes. Not too close to the eaves either or you may struggle to install. Four or five courses up, minimum. Stay away from any hips or valleys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back