Identify this electric underfloor heating thermostat

Just got off the phone to Heatmiser. They said it should work but I need to test that I have at least 10k resistance on the current unit?

Sponsored Links
Just got off the phone to Heatmiser. They said it should work but I need to test that I have at least 10k resistance on the current unit?
Still not so sure as the existing sensor is betwee 8 and 35 KOhms, the heatmiser has a max of 15 KOhms

Okay, hmm, not sure where to go with this then. I have an electrician coming out at some point, I will check to see if he knows or can measure.....

I'm not getting very far here. I emailed Heatmiser and they said they need to know the resistance at each temperature? Can anyone help me here and let me know how I get this?

I've seen a few video's on youtube where people test the heat mat resistance with a multimeter but I'm guessing this isn't what I need to do. Is it the mats resistance I'm testing or the thermostats? Pretty clueless :eek:

I've email Homelux but I'm not holding my breath.

Sponsored Links
The way the sensors work, is they change their resistance in direct proportion to the temp so you have to know which temp they are at when you measure the resistance

This will be a straight swap to the Heatmiser NeoStat-e

Thanks Luke, I haven't been able to do any electrical testing yet. I was thinking about just taking the punt and trying it but haven't got around to it yet. Have you swapped out what I have before or you just know it'll work from experience?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back