Identifying vent for external drains (not soil pipe)?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This has been on my to-do list for a long time.

If anyone knows vent style name or the potential manufacturer who made this style of vent. So I can source a replacement grill cover, if I ever get the screws undone.

The vent is less than 2 meters away from a drain access cover and has nothing else on its length. The drain access cover has kitchen source feeding it, and a gutter source.

Sponsored Links
Those things have been obselete for years. Usual practice is to get rid of it, cap off the pipe with concrete at ground level.

It's an old fashioned air admission valve. When new it had a slotted grille on the front which protected a mica flap that acted as the air valve. I remember poking sticks down the one near my front gate when I was a kid!

Largely obsolete now due to later understanding of drain systems and the need for ventilation at different points. Whether it can be capped off or not would depend on where the nearest SVP is.

Sponsored Links
Thank you both for the replies.

Probably have to make a grill for it, as easier than getting it replaced/removed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back