Identifying wardrobe doors and skirting types

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am desperately trying to locate some replacement doors (infact to build another wardrobe) with the exact same doors as I already have in the same room, also identifying the skirting board types.

Does anyone recognise the doors and skirting, if so so could they provide me with the manufacturer/model information please?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is a William Davis homes, unfortunately they haven't been much help.

Thanks
Nei

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
These are the doors and skirting boards.

Attachments

• IMG_20201128_103842.jpg
    IMG_20201128_103842.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_20201128_103849.jpg
    IMG_20201128_103849.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 163
You may struggle. In my experience the doors and trim work used in large developer built houses and apartments are often specified by the architects and specifically made for that project. For example, where I currently work the door casings, kitchen doors and wardrobe doors are all specific to the build whilst the skirtings are stock material and the doors are simple flush doors. A previous housing job I worked on a few years back used off the shelf doors and trim work but had bespoke kitchens, bathrooms and wardrobes where the doors and cabinets were all made to a designer specification.even the tiling there was made specifically for the job

even the tiling there was made specifically for the job
Surely that's way more expensive than necessary [although maybe you're talking about an expensive project]? After exhaustive tile shopping with the Mrs earlier in the year, I find it hard to believe there can be any more tile designs left to come up with.

Sponsored Links
No, it's often cheaper. On a long running job it can be difficult to ensure that the trim finishes, ironmongery, etc stay the same for your build, especially on a 2 to 3 year job - because manufacturers change designs, often just subtly, all the time. So the production of holdings, doors, fitted furniture etc is often put out out to tender and manufacturers bid for the work. Items are produced in batches, and 200 kitchens or 1000 identical doors etc. might well be drawn off in batches of 50 or 100 or more and are cheaper than buying standard items from a DIY warehouse or even a merchant, because the volumes involved. Also developers and architects just love to differentiate their stuff from everyone else's, hence different kitchens, doors, mouldings and the use of not readily available stuff. Creates a USP. So try the standard suppliers such as Jeld-Wen, but even there it may not be a standard item

Probably not what you want to hear. TBH when faced with this task I take a section of moulding and try to find a match online, or at my local timber merchants. Failing that I might either make my own from (bought in) sawn timber which I rout and the profiles onto. The alternative might be to replace the entire room's worth of skirtings unlesscyou have cupboard or the like which has enough of the original skirting which could be robbed to supply your bedroom and then replaced with an off the shelf style. It depends on how much you actually need. If I couldn't find a match on the doors I'd consider replacing the originals in that room with new ones and buying new matches for the new cupboard

Last edited by a moderator:
At the Sydney Opera house, even the doorknobs were special design and replacements are unobtainable.

A similar, but different, modern design is used for maintenance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back