IE 8 PROBLEM?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since downloading IE 8 I seem to be experiencing problems with connecting to links from websites. It places the address in the bar but then seems to hang up for ages trying to find it, usually unsucessfully, but never comes up with the "cannot find/connect" page. Anyone else suffering this or have any suggestions? Thanks

Sponsored Links
I updated to IE8 a week ago. No probs as yet; everything seems fine. Did you update from IE7 or a non-Windows browser? I've heard there can be probs if it's the latter.

been using for a while also and so far no problems, its very fast at loading up pages too

jj,
Check your tab settings,
Tools -> Options -> General Tab,
In Tabs click Settings, if not sure what you want click Restore Defaults then replace a tick in 'Always switch to new tabs when created' -> OK

Then in Browsing History, tick 'Delete on Exit'
Then click delete and put a tick in Temp files and also in History.
Click Delete then Apply -> OK

dave

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply dave m., I edited my post to say that I had resolved the problem, but for some reason the edit seems to have dissappeared. When I went on the microsoft updates it showed that I was short of an active x or something which prevented me from downloading updates, once this was resolved the problem was cured, but I do not have a clue why.

Pleased to hear that you got it sorted.

I do not have a clue why.

Computers are wonderful things, just like women, no one can figure them out.

dave

Back