No IE just Freeserve sign up page.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Question on behalf of a friend.

My friend has just tried to put a new modem in and has used an old freeserve disk to sign up with the problem is he did not correctly instal the modem, and proceded with installing the freeserve disk (out dated), not sure as to which point he failed, problem is now he has got the modem working he has put his old details in via the new connection tab but now everytime he clicks the IE shortcut the freeserve sign up page comes up and hangs, and he is unable to close it down has to CTL/ALT/DELETE and end task, the modem does connect to the internet but will not open IE up.

He is using XP
Sorry this is vague but im trying to type his explanation from a phone conversation.
Allan

Sponsored Links
Allan
hello :)
I have just had a nightmare myself last week with freeserve home/wannadoo anytime upgrade , I was having loads of trouble but in after ringing wannadoo loads of times to help,but got CRAP...

I rang this no
09062517517....its a charged wannadoo tech no at 50p a min
all other free ones were useless ...
make sure your mate/he has a pen paper his email addy an password ready , they are asian ,DONT worry they are in Birmingham ..LOL an easy too follow an very very helpful , get your mate to explain everything quickly an the guy will give a step by step help ...
I was spitting feathers /pulling my hair out but this asian lad helped me WONDERFULLY !!!

if that numbers busy ring this 0870 8720099

Try running the internet connection wizard. Click START and then right click on the IE icon and select Internet Properties. Click the connections tab and then the SETUP button. The rest is fairly straight forward. Select Connect to the Internet and then Setup connection manually. Select connection type and then enter the account details.

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys,

Hes managed to sort it, he got an up to date sign up disk and has set up an account with it, everything now working as it should.

Cheers.

Back