If a guide is £1000/m2 for extensions.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If the guideline cost for a single story extension is £1000/m2 what is the guideline cost for converting a loft into a living space per square meter?

Also what is the guideline cost per square meter if the loft will be extended as well over the ground extension? I guess that's effectively a two story extension right?

Thanks..

Sponsored Links
There is no guideline. Lofties are too complex. The vagaries of loft jobs means that things like insulation, stairs, access, roof construction etc differ greatly from house to house.

This means that you can throw a lot of money at a very small space, sometimes only to gain very little. I always advise that plumping for a lofty should be a last resort unless a house was made for it or if you live in a land precious area.

'Typical' lofties down here are around £20-£25 for a conversion and about £25-£30 for a loft including a dormer. And my typical down here is a terraced 3 bed house.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back