If evolution is true.............

Sponsored Links
That's the way evolution works, the strain naturally weakens. They talked about it when the supposed bird flu epidemic was imminent.

so why, after thousands of years, was the 1919 flu pandemic not weak?

Because flu is an oddity - it transmutes all the time which is why flu jabs are given each year. If it didn't naturally weaken it would have gone on to kill most of the human race.

Sponsored Links
you seem to be suggesting that the mutations only make it weaker. But the 1919 was stronger. It mutates all the time, so why shouldn't there be another strong mutation?

There may well be - but once it starts to infect the population it then grows weaker and disappears - that's why it doesn't wipe out the whole population of the world.

so the next pandemic might only kill as many people as the 1919 outbreak? What shall we say - 50 million?

Or maybe more because the world population is much higher and there is more travel; or maybe slightly less because the rich can protect themselves and get treatment?

That sounds about right. The more that get killed off the better for the world.

You've mentioned the aborigines and I've visited Australia and come across their culture and to be honest I thought it was something of an evolutionary cul-de-sac.

Exactly. You can see the way that mankind developed and became more advanced. Starting with Aboriginies/Maoris, these primitive people moved north, to Africa, then Asia, then North Africa, Mediterranean, then northwards through Europe and beyond. With each step, they became lighter skinned and more advanced, with the ability to establish farming, commerce and civilisation as we know it.

In general, the further north they went, and the lighter their skin developed, the more suited they are to the modern world as we know it.

However, there is always one exception to every rule. The link between lighter skin and higher intelligence is broken in the case of ginger people. :D

Take PC's for example. In the early 90's a bog standard Desktop PC had about 560Mb capacity.
Now we have, in less than 20 years more capacity in a mobile phone, (and we remember what 'bricks' they were when they first appeared!), than what a high-end PC had!
The difference is the aborigines/native indians appreciate what the land gives them and don't think they are masters of all sundry that MUST have the latest thing to be invented.
Eventually there will come a time when progress will stagnate and modern man will not be able to comprehend this.[/quote]

some people wont beleive it,but about 42 years ago we went to the moon and we havnt been back,so much for progress?

You've mentioned the aborigines and I've visited Australia and come across their culture and to be honest I thought it was something of an evolutionary cul-de-sac.

Exactly. You can see the way that mankind developed and became more advanced. Starting with Aboriginies/Maoris, these primitive people moved north, to Africa, then Asia, then North Africa, Mediterranean, then northwards through Europe and beyond. With each step, they became lighter skinned and more advanced, with the ability to establish farming, commerce and civilisation as we know it.

In general, the further north they went, and the lighter their skin developed, the more suited they are to the modern world as we know it.

However, there is always one exception to every rule. The link between lighter skin and higher intelligence is broken in the case of ginger people. :D

Thanks mate, my grandfather on my mothers side was a red head, also a commie, apparently it was the in thing in the early 1900s.

Because flu is an oddity - it transmutes all the time which is why flu jabs are given each year. If it didn't naturally weaken it would have gone on to kill most of the human race.

The way i understood it was every 100yrs or so it mutates into something big.

Thanks mate, my grandfather on my mothers side was a red head, also a commie, apparently it was the in thing in the early 1900s.

Only joking. My brother's a carrot top, so ginger genes in my family too. :eek:

A lot of people misunderstand evolution and think it somehow 'progresses'. It does not. The theory is that mutations make you more or less able to survive in your environnent. More able, then more genes are passed on.This is how yiu measure success in terms of evolution,not some arbitrary value judgement on what is more 'advanced' or not. Evolution is not a march towards a goal. A termite is 'as evolved' as a human.

Sponsored Links
Back