If you had a hundred million pounds of taxpayers' money....

Sponsored Links
For example, in England abortion at 24 weeks or more is not permitted.

I do like verifying claims made by strangers on the internet.

Do you think that's wrong?

Which of these grounds do you think is invalid?

• risk to the life of the pregnant woman;
  • preventing grave permanent injury to the physical or mental health of the pregnant woman;
  • risk of injury to the physical or mental health of the pregnant woman or any existing children of her family (up to a term limit of 24 weeks of gestation); or
  • substantial risk that if the child were born, it would "suffer from such physical or mental abnormalities as to be seriously handicapped"

Sponsored Links
No reply from vinty yet.

Can you show me the survey where you found that?

How many fecund women feel that way?

I did look for his evidence myself, but all I managed to find were things like:

"The opinion polls commissioned by Amnesty International include findings that 65 per cent of adults in Northern Ireland agree that abortion should not be a crime, and 78 per cent of British people are in favour of decriminalisation.

It also found that more than two-thirds of people in Northern Ireland and three-quarters of people in Britain think the government should act to change the law.

The poll of British adults was conducted by YouGov, while the poll of Northern Irish adults was conducted through a Cognisense Omnibus Survey."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/pol...se-abortion-in-n-ireland-polls-show-1.3657612

I wonder where vinty was looking?

In most of Europe, the vile trade of the back-street abortionist has all but disappeared long ago. Soon it will be just a memory for the people of NI as well.

Where did you learn biology, pregnancy isn't a disease to be cured by killing another human being.
If a woman has a involuntary miscarriage would you dream of saying to her don't worry it wasn't really a baby at all.
View attachment 173971picture of a 24 week old baby, under UK law it is legal to "terminate" this childs life.
You should be ashamed of yourself to talk so disrespectfully about human beings.
Ashamed of myself? I haven't said anything that I am ashamed of.

No, a miscarriage in the circumstance you mention is sad because it's a wanted baby so that's a bit of a trite comparison you made.
No, pregnancy isn't a disease, but nor is a womans body the possession of men in charge of the country who make the choices for them. No way should a woman be forced to keep a baby if she doesn't want to, for whatever reason. And those men who force a rape victim to keep a child, or a child who will die anyway, or put the mothers life at risk are abhorrent.

I will say it again, if men are so so so concerned about abortion then stop having sex or get the snip. Stop being hypocrites.

Why the derogatory remarks about Arlene Foster?
I think she has actually been proved to be consistently correct.
And if you think “their nation” has experience in “groundworks”, given the fact that “their” nation is actually the U.K. then we all do have experience in burying the dead in U.K.
Don’t be concerned about Arlene Foster or DUP causing any groundworks for anyone. They won’t be planting bombs below your car, nor anywhere, or giving support to it.
How about Jeremy Corbyn?

Jeez! Lighten up a bit. Or don't you do humour?

Arlene's not exactly easy on the eye. Just sayin'.

and the attractiveness of politicians relates to their quality in what way, exactly?

Sponsored Links
Back