Iflo actuator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere.

I've had an Iflo actuator replaced as the old one had jammed. The old one was broken inside, the springs had come off as the lugs that hold them in place had broken.

The new one is wired the same as the old, but I'm wondering if the motor should be powered so much.
Basically, the manual lever is to the left for HW, and moves to the right for CH & HW. When it is in the position for CH & HW, it stays there even when there is no call for CH from the thermostat. It only returns to the HW position (spring) when the HW is being heated. I've tested this by increasing the temp on the HW so that it kicks in and watched as the motor is no longer powered and the springs pull the valve back to HW.

The old one might have done this, but I never had reason to check.

My question/worry is the amount of time it is in the CH & HW position as the motor is continually running and it gets very hot. Is this normal/safe?

Many thanks,
Dozer74.

Sponsored Links
I think you may be best replacing the whole valve mate - valve & actuator.
If you want like-for-like Iflo is supplied through Travis Perkins Builders Merchants, but I thinks(?) they may be Drayton.

iflo is available from City Plumbing (who are part of the Travis Perkins Group...), they're rebadged ACL Drayton valves

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back