IKEA Arås office chair

Reaction score
Country
Malta
Hi everybody!

I need to know if the Arås chair, sold by IKEA about ten years earlier, has a lockable tilt function.
I bought this chair in a second-hand market at a very cheap price. I noticed that the height mechanism worked fine, as well as the tilt tension (adjustable by the classic large round knob).
There is only one lever for adjusting height (up and down movement) and tilt (pushing in or pulling out to lock or unlock the chair's tilt). But I realized that once the chair gets reclined, it's not possible to lock the chair's tilt. Only when the chair is in the upright position does the tilt lock work. Is it normal?
Substantially, the backrest reclines but it's not possible to lock it in a backward-tilt position.
So, my question is pretty simple: does Arås chair have only the tilt function with adjustable tilt tension without a tilt lock (except for the vertical position)?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Sponsored Links
You're right. At the moment, I've tried to use the chat utility but they haven't been so collaborative. I'm going to e-mail them and, at last, if necessary, give a ring.
Everything would be much easier if I found someone with the Arås chair. But trust me, even in swedish forums this old model (we're not talking about 30 years because it was still sold 7-8 years ago) seems to be very unpopular.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back