Bosch oven temperature adjustment

Kes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A simple question on the use of Bosch multi-function electric ovens.

I have just installed a single and double in the kitchen. On reading the use instructions it states that the temperature knobs must not be turned anti-clockwise. In other words if you set the temp to 180 and then want to reduce to 150 you have to wind the thing on past the flat-out position, past clean, past go, to get back to 150.

Now while this may be possible (I haven't tried it yet) I would bet my entire fortune on the knob being turned backwards in use, after all it's not only common sense but what the entire population has been doing with its temp knobs for the last umpteen years.

Does anyone know why Bosch have made this rule, and will the mechanism be damaged when the knob inevitably is turned anti-clockwise?

Rgds.

Sponsored Links
My guess unless its electronic thermostat.
I think they mean from the OFF position.

Hi,

Thanks, I think you might be correct (and I now feel stupid). It shows how the first interpretation of a sentence can stick in the mind. The quote from the book is:

'The function selector can be turned clockwise or anticlockwise, whereas the temperature selector can only be turned clockwise.'

I should stop being so literal. I read that as only ever turn the knob clockwise, but I agree, it makes sense to mean from the off position.

Rgds.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back