Stoves oven problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a stoves oven with an odd problem. Generally the oven works fine. It has two knobs, one for power, oven, grill etc selection and a separate one for temperature. Earlier today I left the temperature knob turned round, but even though the oven was off it was still generating heat! I also noticed the power light is dimly lit when the oven was left like this and the light often fluctuates in brightness depending on what function im using on the oven.

Is this anything to be worried about? Just wondering as I live in rented accomodation and my landlord isnt the best at making sure his appliances are all working! (dodgy washing machine too!)

Sponsored Links
There is a fault & it needs to be tracked down & fixed....but this is your landlord's responsibility.
If your house burns down (with you in it) then I would imagine he would be in a spot of bother.
Have you approached the him about this? What does it say in your contract?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back