Tecnik oven won't turn on!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Tecnik oven (think the model number is TK0435) which has a gas cooker and electric oven. The cooker and the grill work fine, but the oven won't switch on - in fact the light doesnt even come on on the knob where you set the temperature. As the grill works, I guess this can't be a fuse problem.. or is there a separate fuse for the oven and the grill ? Or is there some kind of setting which prevents the oven from coming on? Help pls - Im stuck and dont want to pay for an engineer if this is something simple!

Sponsored Links
have you reset the oven timer clock, and is it running?

have you got the selector set to "timed?"

Thanks for the reply - the oven is actually my tenants and they've told me its not set to timer. Question - if it is on timer, the light should still come on right ?

sorry I don't know, but two very common reasons for ovens not coming on are (1) has been turned off or had a power failure, and the clock has not been reset (this is a protection about it coming on unexpectedly after a power cut) and (2) has been accidentally set to "timer".

Sponsored Links
The light on the temperature knob does not come on at all so I'm thinking this might be an electrical/fuse issue rather than something to do with the timer/clock - Does anyone know whether the light would still come on (even though the oven doesnt) when it's on timer?

Also anyone have any idea if there is a separate fuse for the grill vs the oven?

it would not have a separate fuse.

has the clock been reset, and is it running?

Have you still got the instruction book?

thanks, it's a double oven and quite a big cooker, so thought I'd check re fuses...

To reset the clock, I think you need to press two buttons at once - any idea which?

I haven't got the manual and haven't had much luck trying to find one online, even the tecnik website is down for repair!

sorry don't know. If you post a pic of the clock and buttons, someone may recognise it (it is probably made by one of the big manufacturers)

if you know when it last worked, and what has happened to it since, that might give some clues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back