HELP with my Stoves Newhome Cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Stoves Newhome electric Cooker Model Number: EFa600H

On turning the oven on this evening all i heard was a loud 'Pop' and the fuse in my fusebox tripped - so some sort of overload i'm guessing here.

After flicking the fuse trip back i tried the oven again. It has 2 knobs - Temp and Oven Setting (grill, fan etc)

The Red light comes on when you turn the Temp control round so that's good.
The Fan comes on when you turn the oven setting to fan over so that's good also.
The trouble is i'm getting no heat what-so-ever from the oven! (my lasagna was stone cold after 30 mins in the oven - not nice to eat that way so it was either gonna be a pot noodle or ask my neighbour to stick the lasagna in his oven for 30 mins. Needless to say option 2 won hands down)
The grill still works fine.

Any thoughts on what has gone wrong?

I look forward to your comments.

Regards, Simon

Sponsored Links
Oven element gone. Stat and fan are ok try fleabay for a new element

Any make will do but they might not last, buy cheap buy twice.

Sponsored Links
Sorry but yet another question - is there only x1 oven element for this cooker as I've searched and only found x1. The part looks like the grill element. My oven has a grill and that works fine.. So does this part have 2 functions: grill plus oven?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back