Bosch HTHB23 Oven Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a built in Bosch HTHB23 oven.

When you switch the oven on using the left dial to any setting (i.e fan, or gill setting etc) it maintains power. Upon turning the right dial to set the temperature the cooker powers off and trips the fuse box etc.

Any suggestions\ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Rcbo trips. Cooker has no power until i reset the rcbo as expected.

Cooker then powers on, clock displayed and remains on until such time as i turn the temperature dial from 0 upwards on the Cooker.

Sponsored Links
I thought that but wasnt sure as it happens if temperature turned up on grill and fan setting. Would they be separate heating elements? I.e. heating element on roof of oven for grill and seperate element atvback for fan oven setting.

What do you think?

I thought that but wasnt sure as it happens if temperature turned up on grill and fan setting. Would they be separate heating elements? I.e. heating element on roof of oven for grill and seperate element atvback for fan oven setting.

Possibly, or it could be both elements are faulty.

If you are competent, one way forward, would be to disconnect both elements at the element terminals, insulate the wire end terminals, then see if the RCD trips. Often, if you make a close visual inspection of the element, you will see the area of damage, where it has burned through the outer casing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back