Ikea Dishwasher Renlig DW45 will not start cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The above machine (which I think may be a re-badged Whirlpool model) will not start the dishwashing cycle. When the power on button is pressed, one LED, the 65C, lights up, but the select/cancel button has no effect, i.e. that should cycle through the different wash options.

Does anyone know what the possible problem is and the solution? It's like the logic circuit needs a 're-boot'. Tried switching the mains power off at the wall and opening and closing door a few times (in case the door latch was not giving the 'door closed, safe to commence' microswitch command).

Is there a procedure such as:- 'hold down power button for thirty seconds, whilst doing X' to re-set it ?

Is the service manual available ? (Is there an equivalent USA model? as often manufacturers over there seem to be obliged to publish the service information.)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi - I found this thread searching the internet as I am having exactly the same problem.

Filter is clean, done everything OP has done, but still when I turn it on it gets stuck on this option and won't start.

Instructions for the device are here:

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_GB/pdf/kitchen_instructions/renlig_dw45_iu.pdf

None of the error messages mention a single light static - they all mention beeps and flashing lights.

If OP got anywhere please let me know! Otherwise if anyone else knows anything please post here.

I had this problem. Just hold the select button down for 10 seconds. Fixed it for me.

Sponsored Links
I had this problem. Just hold the select button down for 10 seconds. Fixed it for me.
Thank you, this worked for me. My dish washer also had a static light and could not switch options. The 10 second push worked and I just made an account here just to say thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back