Indesit DIF04 dishwasher problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a house with a DIF04 dishwasher - the problem is the control panel buttons don't seem to do anything. If I turn the machine off and on at the mains then it comes on and beeps, and closing the door starts the machine which then washes fine. Once the wash is over pressing the buttons does nothing and the only way to make it ready to go again is to power cycle the mains.

The power button has a green LED lit on it, and the eco LED lights when power cycling the mains then goes out after a few seconds. Any thoughts what might be the problem? There are a couple of hairline cracks near the buttons but nothing major or loose.

This is the model with just 4 programs, I downloaded a manual for this model but it must have been upgraded since this one as it showed more programs.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Check for wire breaks at the bottom of the door. Remove the door panel.

Sorry, at work at the moment so cant remember what fixings are on the door - there is the wooden panel on the front, do I go in that way or from the inside of the door?

Remove the screws on the inner part of the door and it all comes off.

Sponsored Links
ok, all looks fine inside the door - all the wires look intact, nothing too badly squashed under the horizontal metal bar and no chaffing of the wires as they disappear underneath the door hinge.

I suspect perhaps the LED/button panel is faulty but is there any way to test that other than replacing it? Can I short wires on the connector to simulate button presses or is there some protocol used that is more difficult to simulate?

No short cut to test. Easy and cheap to replace The led card.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back