Ikea PAX walk in wardrobe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
GWe had a loft conversion and my missus decided the planned on-suite should be a walk in wardrobe instead, something about me stinking??

Anyway, we measured the room and went to Ikea and came back with 3 of their PAX wardrobes with a few accessories. You can draw it on a computer and print off a picking list:
IMG_7490.JPG

I made a start on it tonight and I think it's £300 well spent.

This is the room near enough 2x2 with the door on a 45degrees angle:
IMG_7476.JPG

IMG_7477.JPG

First wardrobe out:
IMG_7479.JPG

And then in:
IMG_7482.JPG

A smaller one at the side of that:
IMG_7483.JPG

Bolted them together:
IMG_7484.JPG

There was a corner unit but it was more than double the price of the normal ones so I just buttedone against another instead. Then fitted the accessories, they are called Kompliment, drawers, baskets, shelves rails and stuff:
IMG_7486.JPG

IMG_7487.JPG

And of course there had to be one **** up, not sure what to do with that:

IMG_7489.JPG

I might put 2x1 battens on the back wall and have the socket in the cupboard.

Sponsored Links
i assume thats a side panel and not a door covering the socket or switch ??

its going to conflict with the drawer and you cant swap the drawer for the non drawer unit as it will lock the drawers in on the corner

Sponsored Links
do the wires go up the wall or down ??
what about lifting or lowering the socket and marking on the wall the wire position with a blanking plate where you bend the wire at right angles
or indeed change the socket face to a blanking plate and the new socket beside

I've got a few pics of the room being built, the wires come up from below but it looks like they are between the narrowest bit of studwork.

The wires you can see on the bottom left of the door are for that socket and the room is the other side of the left studwork.
IMG_5721.JPG

These are the others of the room being built:
IMG_5737.JPG

IMG_5739.JPG

IMG_5727.JPG

IMG_5728.JPG

IMG_5885.JPG

IMG_6175.JPG

its an excellent job lol
looks like blanking box and new socket in the gap then:D

its going to conflict with the drawer and you cant swap the drawer for the non drawer unit as it will lock the drawers in on the corner

You are right, it's right behind the drawer Hinge. I'll have to open the socket and see how much slack is on the wire. Hopefully I can move it into the unit above the shelf.

do you have another socket for cleaning and random use or can you live with a random wire possibly permenantely coming out the cupboard and trailing over the drawers or other random path to where they are going ?

There's another opposite that's not covered by anything.

so you may never need the hidden socket other than perhaps internal lighting where access wont be needed just a convenient switch

That's a good idea!!! A bit of mood lighting while I get my heels on ;)

Looks good, we are just at the planning permission stage for our loft. What did you use for exterior, cladding, tiles or render?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back