Ikea Renlig DW60 washing hot, but not drying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My Renlig DW60 (underneath an Electrolux 911D53-0L, which I believe is also known as a F35020VI) has stopped drying - there is no hot air escaping when you open the door at the end of the cycle and the contents are cold and still quite wet.

However, if opened mid-cycle then steam does escape, i.e. the water cannot be cold at that point.

Are there separate heating components for water and dryer - and if so is it likely to be the latter?

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Are there separate heating components for water and dryer - and if so is it likely to be the latter?

Yes, separate. Dryer element has likely over heated and tripped to protect itself. Thermal trip will be in the element air duct, a two terminal device, which might or might not be resettable. Dust and fluff may need cleaning out to improve the airflow.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I think it might need more knowledge and experience than I can give it unfortunately.

Looking at spares, assuming the details are correct, there are two heating elements in this model:

upload_2022-1-8_14-36-23.png
upload_2022-1-8_14-37-40.png

It is not clear what each does. This video talks about the replacement of the former fixing a cold water problem, but my water does heat up (although according to a Bluetooth thermometer, maybe not enough - 51 degrees during a 60 degree wash - maybe a thermostat problem, as surely heaters either work or not?). He ultimately identifies an issue with the circuit board.

There is also an "active drying air guide" but I can't find any details of what it does.

In short, slightly unclear symptoms and too many variables in terms of potential problem parts mean I think I need to find someone to look at it, unfortunately!

Attachments

• upload_2022-1-8_14-37-15.png
    upload_2022-1-8_14-37-15.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 42
Yes, separate. Dryer element has likely over heated and tripped to protect itself. Thermal trip will be in the element air duct, a two terminal device, which might or might not be resettable. Dust and fluff may need cleaning out to improve the airflow.
It's a Dishwasher not a Washer Dryer, just the one flow thru element.

So if it heats the water to wash (steam when opened mid-cycle) but doesn't dry any more (no steam, stone cold at end of cycle), what's the problem?

It's a Dishwasher not a Washer Dryer, just the one flow thru element.

Yes, I realised that later, the op just mentioned 'washer'. Same applies though - if the op is not up to testing, he will have to refer it to an engineer.

So if it heats the water to wash (steam when opened mid-cycle) but doesn't dry any more (no steam, stone cold at end of cycle), what's the problem?

I have not delved into the drying aspect of our washer, all I can say is when we take things out they are mostly cold and mostly dry. Open the door near the end and I will be met with a lot of heat and steam, which might be a drying cycle.

You have obviously found it has two possible replacement elements, the semi circular one will likely be the water heater one, the one in the tube the heated air element - the latter being the one which is failing to get hot.

Last edited:
I have an electrolux dishwasher that had a similar problem. It was the relay on the control PCB intermittently not working (High resistance on the contacts). I replaced the relay and all is now working... You don't need to remove the dishwasher to get to the pcb, just remove the front panels.
To test you will need a multimeter and power supply to fire the relay.

I'm not sure how the dishwasher dries with that tube heater but its the only one I could find in mine. I assume it heats the water to near boiling on the last rinse?

It has only ONE heater the flow thru one . The circular solid element is a random cooker fan element.

Not saying you are wrong, just curious as to how that might work....

It heats water passing through that unit to do the wash, having done the wash - it must get a fresh quantity of clean water hot to do a final rinse, they final rinse gets the crockery really hot evaporating the water. Is that how it works?

If so, then it doesn't really help the op - the heater element must be OK if it is heating the water for the wash, it is failing the last stage above.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts on this one - really appreciated.

It does appear to be an intermittent fault, as a 70 degree wash today seemed to work; I used a Bluetooth thermometer to test it (and also noted steam escaping at the end of the cycle):

upload_2022-1-11_21-36-48.png

On that basis I think @SpecialK is on to something - and it is music to my ears to hear it might be fixable without removing the whole dishwasher as the way it's been installed (floor put down afterwards) was going to make that a right pain.

Attachments

• upload_2022-1-11_21-36-29.png
    upload_2022-1-11_21-36-29.png
    154.6 KB · Views: 40
These are the relays I ordered to replace them - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32970489519.html

I may have a spare one somewhere if you get desperate...

Thank you everyone for your thoughts on this one - really appreciated.

It does appear to be an intermittent fault, as a 70 degree wash today seemed to work; I used a Bluetooth thermometer to test it (and also noted steam escaping at the end of the cycle):

View attachment 257119

On that basis I think @SpecialK is on to something - and it is music to my ears to hear it might be fixable without removing the whole dishwasher as the way it's been installed (floor put down afterwards) was going to make that a right pain.

Thank you - very helpful and appreciate the offer!

All seemed to be well since my last post until I noticed an unusually loud humming coming from it the other day and it's not getting up to temperature again (confirmed by Bluetooth thermometer). I'll start with the relay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back