Ikea Whirlpool dishwasher DWF 417 won't start a cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This dishwasher has worked fine since 2003 until this week. However, I can't get it to program now. There is power to the unit, the filter is clean. However, programs can be selected but when the door is shut the unit beeps - as if the cycle has finished - but the new cycle won't start. I have unplugged the unit at the mains in an effort to 're-boot' the unit but this has not had any effect.

Any ideas would be really appreciated. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Which led's are flashing, because this indicates a particular fault code. I guess you have 5 program buttons; reading left to right which ones illuminate and what is the pattern of the audible alarm (i.e. bleeps/pause).

Thanks for the response Zipper. I've uploaded 2 pics in my album which might help. The unit doesn't appear to be 'behaving' logically. Firstly, to reset the program, shut the door and two short beeps are heard, as if the program is complete. Open the door, and the two end program lights are illuminated (see pic 1). Try to reset again, shut the door and one long audible beep is heard. Open the door and the two program lights at either end are illuminated (see pic 2). The ref guide says the right hand light (pic 2) should flash if the water stop device is activated - but it's the left hand program light that flashes ie the wrong way around.

I'd be very grateful if you have any idea what the problems is.

There are 6 error codes. Assume program LED's are numbered left to right...1 to 5. Error codes would appear as follows:
E1 = Aquastop fault...L1 blinks + L5 is illuminated (is this what you have?).
E2 = Safety level...L2 blinks + L5 is illuminated.
E3 = No heating...L1 & L2 blink + L5 is illuminated.
E4 = NTC fault...L3 blinks + L5 is illuminated.
E5 = No water loading...L1 & L3 blink + L5 is illuminated.
E6 = Drain fault...L2 & L3 blink + L5 is illuminated.
L5 should never blink (unless you have somehow locked the machine in the test program). That would be the only logical cause.
If the electronics are good you may be able to execute a test program. If my memory serves me correctly it goes something like this: Reset the machine & switch off. Open the door. Press P & keep depressed until all the program LED's illuminate (could take up to 30secs). After LED's are lit release P then press it again once to confirm execution of test program (the last step must be completed within 3 secs). L5 will blink to confirm if successful. Close the door & the test program should commence. The LED's vary while this is going on but at the end of it you ought to get one of the above error codes showing. Don't open the door while the test program is running and when it is finished turn it off at P otherwise you may lock it in the test program. If no-go then I would be inclined to suspect a PCB fault. Hope all this makes sense! Good luck :D

Sponsored Links
Hi Zipper, thanks for the info.
I tried the reset etc but I have no fault code ?

The ony thing that happens, is that I run the machine on eco and it stops half way through and just beeps, tries to start again and beeps.

There is no fault light on, so it seems.

It was suggested on another site that it could be a new program board ?
Although they do not seem to be as knowledgable as yourself.

Any ideas would be grateful
Thanks

If you don't get a valid error code & you can't reset (or run diagnostics) then yes I'm afraid I would suspect a pcb issue.
About the only other thing left worth trying is to lean the machine forward & check if any water runs off the bottom plate...otherwise its a new pcb.

hi there i am having the same problem with my ikea dishwasher dwf 417 as sme of the other posts here but mine switches its self of all together when i put it into a program or on the test cycle eny help advice would be great

Hi - same as above I'm afraid. Tried diagnostics but, after about 20 seconds or so - same old "two bleeps". If it is PCB as suggested, are they easily accessible - both to replace and purchase?? Any idea where from? All help gratefully received.

hey guys mine just doesn't seem to bring in any water how do a run a diagnose check on a whirlpool from ikea dwf 417

Hi my DWF417 starts its cycle as normal with a drain, it then goes to take water and after a bit it bleeps a long beep, goes back into drain and stops.

When I open the machine up the first three cycle problem lights are flashing and the last light it on steady. Also the two lights at the other side of the program are constantly on steady.

Any ideas whats wrong with my machine??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back