Ikea Whirlpool Dishwasher DWF B10 - Cycle never finishes!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We have an Ikea Whirlpool DWF B10 Dishwasher.

Intermittently the dishwasher fails to get to the end of it's cycle. As an example, we left the house today with it on and 8 hours later that damn thing was still going. Not good when it was set on a 70c wash! This happens more than 50% of the time. Seems to happen less frequently when on a hotter cycle.

When we open the door to manually cancel the cycle it's hot in there and everything is freshly wet. You can hear it spraying water and spinning arms when it gets stuck in this cycle.

It seems to get stuck in a loop near the end of the full cycle.

You can trick it into finishing by interrupting it and setting it to a quick 30c wash.

There's no errors when it does this, it just seems to get stuck on a specific cycle.

I've done the diagnostic test but it gets through with no faults.

Can anyone make any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Obviously this is a while ago now, but did you ever solve this problem? We're having the same problem, and found this via a Google Search.

Any time the programme is set to 50 or above, the cycle never ends. I guess this is down to a faulty thermostat, which can't tell when the water gets to the correct temp?

I have run the diagnostic test - no errors reported.

Obviously this is a while ago now, but did you ever solve this problem? We're having the same problem, and found this via a Google Search.

Any time the programme is set to 50 or above, the cycle never ends. I guess this is down to a faulty thermostat, which can't tell when the water gets to the correct temp?

I have run the diagnostic test - no errors reported.

Our seems to work fine now, we cleaned out the filter and did quite a few 70º washes which seemed to solve the problem. We also ran the diagnostic thing a few times which may have cleared some errors. Almost a year later and she's still working without fault.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply - I've cleaned the filters (again, including the black one underneath) and run the diagnostic again. Still not working properly - but I'll keep trying..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back