Ikon 60-80 boiler stopped working and electric shower sporadically working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

Our electric shower seems to work for a short time (2 mins or so) then water stops coming but the shower still sounds like its on.

Also our boiler has stopped working at the same time. Its an old Ikon 60-80 non condensing boiler with hot water tank and cold tank in the loft (gravity fed).

Any thoughts on what could be the issue(s)? I'm guessing both issues could be interlinked given they both happened at pretty much the same time?

Got a company coming to install a Worcester 30i combi on Wednesday which wasn't planned until summer but don't want to spend any more fixing the current setup (the pump broke 3 months ago). Just curious if this is going to be spend £3k to avoid a £300 fix, which is what I'm hoping.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Instantaneous electric showers ,if that is what you have ,only take mains cold water and they heat it Internally. They have nowt to do with combi boilers or the boiler you have.

Instantaneous electric showers ,if that is what you have ,only take mains cold water and they heat it Internally. They have nowt to do with combi boilers or the boiler you have.

Yup understand the boiler is not feeding the electric shower, was questioning whether theres somewhere earlier in the system that could be effecting both the boiler and shower.

Sponsored Links
As long as there is a mains water supply constant to the shower ,and if it works OK for a few mins it sounds as though there is ,then there is an issue within the shower .but that would be pure coincidence to boiler issue .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back