I'll fit a band A at home soon.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK so I won an Chaffotouex howevre it's spelt band A system boiler on ebay for £ensibility won't allow me to entirely decommission the trusty Mexico, so I'll gate vale it and gate valve into the system the new boiler, I have an airing cupboard boiler room anyway.

So wow acording to HMG I should be saving a small fortune when I get time to fit it.

Kind of nice to know there';s a trusty Mexico backing it up though.

Sponsored Links
Of course after last night I realise the whole farse of making us fit steamers was founded on a myth.

My former life preparing capital projects in Ford Motor Company already taught me that the money saving argument of the steamer was completely false. If I presented such a project while in work in that field it wouldn't have been a case of getting laughed out of the room, I would have been fired on the spot for a complete lack of graspo of the subject and considered without hope for improvement with such poor judgement.
However when you get your steamer for £35 it's another matter.

However I have to admit that it also shows a complete lack of grasp of the mechanics of gas space heating, to decomission an Ideal Mexico. That is why I am keeping it, just puting it to sleep with gate valves. Yes I know the Chaff is a system boiler. No problem, I'll keep my open vented system, the house is four stories so I have at least 1 bar of pressure.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back