Ill installed guttering that overflows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the pictures you are looking at our side of a shared garage. Neighbour's side has the down pipe. As soon as it rains the end closest to us overflows, not because of blockage but because there is insufficient incline.

Trouble is, our side already has roof tiles virtually inside it. Looking from above there are no obvious blockages. Am I looking at having to install a down pipe our side into a water butt or something?

Other suggestions appreciated....

Sponsored Links
Is the gutter clipped in properly?

It looks like it is leaning forward in the 2nd pic.

Clipped at the front and not the back.

Is the gutter clipped in properly?

It looks like it is leaning forward in the 2nd pic.

Clipped at the front and not the back.
very good point - I`ll get me glasses on ;) . Final Solution if now`t works would be renew with a Deepflow gutter - looks like a 6 m. run - can`t cost much £ if you shop around for gutter

Or remove it and refit, but starting lower at the neighbours end. You'll probably need to re-do the swan-neck or downpipes tho.

Sponsored Links
So I got a ladder out. The last two foot of gutter before the down pipe is dry. The remainder, which includes a third property, has about 1cm of water which if I push toward the pipe, comes straight back.

I have removed some detritus and managed to level the guttering (although not clip the rear in - seems too tight).

Might try and get a water butt in place as I can't guarantee getting a full length fix in place let along maintaining it long term.

It just needs removing and refitting a tad lower, possible eaves trays are pushing the gutter down?

Just lower the left outlet more and start from there, fascias could be out, and the building, it does happen. Use a spirit level on your brackets. No need for another outlet or a water butt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back