I'm a hosepipe virgin - please help me!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've always been more of a watering can kind of guy, but decided recently to treat myself to one of these:

http://www.hozelock.com/watering/hose-reels/manual-rewind/30m-hose-reel-with-15m-hose-2412.html

The instructions were worse than useless, so I watched the handy youtube video (see above link) and got it all connected up. Great! But then I realised that I did not know how to connect it all to the tap!!!! Neither the instructions nor the video show how to get it connected to the tap. I'm sure it is obvious, but never having had a hose I'm just not sure what to do.

If anyone could help that would be great.

Just to add: I do have an outside tap and it already has the correct connector fitted. All I need to know is what happens between the tap and the reel.

Many thanks

Max

Sponsored Links
Try this....

pd1731945.jpg

I have a different model hozelock reel, but for mine you have to connect another length of hose to a tap looking thing on the reel (on mine this was on the side opposite the handle), and the other end to the tap. This means cutting a short length from the supplied hose, and using appropriate connectors. I can't remember whether the connectors came with my kit, but you will know if it came with yours: you will currently have a couple of connectors left over :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the response guys.

@wrathkeg - that's where I was confused, did not realised I would need that additional length of hose to connect the tap to the reel. Thanks for clarifying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back