Hozelock compact reel.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Bought this reel from argus came with no instruction seems basic enough. :LOL: works ok when I take all the hose from the reel and connect it to the garden tap, obviously i'm missing something, I would like to leave it permanently connected to the tap and rewind and wind in as and when needed, there is a valve thing inside the reel does the water pass though the reel :oops: , Do I need another peise of hose to connect this into.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
some of them pass the water into the hose via seals on the spindle and you can wind them in while still connected to the tap.

In this case you will find there is a water connection to the reel hub. And the hose is connected to the spindle.

post a pic of yours.

isn't there a hose connection in the back (not shown in the Aggro's pic)?

and another connector on the spindle?

(you have to unroll all the hose)

Sponsored Links
then you put one hose from the tap to the connector on the back; you connect the rest of the hose to the spindle, you leave the roll next to the hose, and you run out hose from the reel to where you want it, and you wind the hose back onto the reel when you've finished. You do not need to disconnect the reel from the tap.

I've had 3 Hozelock reels of various design over the years, and they have all leaked from the reel connection - so have the reels of my two neighbours and several other friends/relatives.

I really don't think they have mastered the essential design yet (after how many years?) so just be prepared to have a constant damp patch under wherever the reel is fitted

my hozelock auto rewind has not leaked. 5yrs old.

mind you, the birds do try and build a nest in there each spring.

i have taken to placing an old towel over the opening to discourage the feathered blighters.

I've had 3 Hozelock reels of various design over the years, and they have all leaked from the reel connection - so have the reels of my two neighbours and several other friends/relatives.

I have a hozelock 50M wind up reel, permanently connected, and for the last 3 years not one leak.
Perhaps I have just been lucky, are you sure all the connections are genuine Hozelock.....?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back