I'm getting a new combi boiler - what do you recommend?

T

tshallett

Hi everyone

I currently have an Ideal Isar HE24 combi boiler (not my choice I might add) but it's rubbish. It's only 3 years old (and only been used for 2 years) but it constantly goes wrong so I'm looking at getting a new one fitted.

Does anyone have any recommendations with estimated fitted price? I live in a 2 bed flat - 2 bathrooms and kitchen. The boiler is for my hot water and underfloor heating. Obviously, I do have a limit to what I can spend but prepared to pay for quality.

Any help greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
What does your CORGI installer suggest?

Tony

Cant blame him for asking ,look what the last corgi guy fitted namely a pile of sh#te.
Budget boiler very reliable and when (and any make does) break down they are cheap and easy to repair is the baxi 105he or potterton performa 30he exact same boiler but potterton about £70 cheaper.

As you have underfloor heating, you should look for a boiler designed to accommodate that. Vaillant and Viessmann come to mind.

I saw an interesting installation with 400 m² of under floor in four zones.

There were no recirculating pumps or blending valves anywhere! They used a Biasi 32 kW combi boiler and just relied on the boiler control knob to set the flow at about 45° C but had two additional circulating pumps each feeding two of the zones.

Interestingly the boiler was capable of providing CH down to 25° C and controlled at that temperature very well. They were running it at 25° for a few days because they were drying out the floor covering.

It was an Italian firm who had fitted it and they apparently do UFH that way in Italy!

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back