I'm not a number, I'm a free man!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been watching The Prisoner recently, great isn't it? What a wonderful concept! Probably wouldn't work in these post-Cold War days, but was certainly relevant (if I compare it to the Connery-era Bond films!)

Any other 1960s TV programmes I should be watching?

Sponsored Links
do you know who said " I am not a number, i am a frre man"?

it was said by Number 6

and in case any one doesn't know
Village2.jpg
this is "the village"

and they even have "prisoner conventions/ meetings there (ok so in the actul hotel / its grounds)

Prisoners.jpg

here are a bunch of people with a "rover"

be seeing you

And a great number of the buildings are fully functioning dwellings, well equipped, which you can rent for a holiday.

Lovely place, and it is just so nice to be able to wander round after it's closed and all the hoi-polloi have gone.

Eye-wateringly expensive though, and if you need to go in school summer hols you probably need to book between 09:00 and 09:15 on January 1st of the year before you want to go, i.e. 18-20 months in advance....

A few more for you Adam
The quaint "The Avengers"
The Mysterious "Department S"
The Majestic "The Baron"

Sponsored Links
"I am not a number I AM a FREE MAN"..........no friggin` apostrophes :rolleyes: best watched in B/W as I did ;) "I am number 2, you are number6," "Who is number 1?" That Rover is ridiculously small those re-enactors should be ashamed of themselves...........what was the real Rover?...I know ;)

It was one of the jellyfish that you get in the estuary of the River Dwyryd....

Wow, this really must have been popular!

I apologise for the apostrophes, I was still taken aback from Number 6 winning the election to become Number 2 in a big ploy.

How many eggs with your bacon? ;)

Be seeing you.

ban-all-sheds said:
It was one of the jellyfish that you get in the estuary of the River Dwyryd....
:LOL: :LOL: .......I`ve just bought "Eats,shoots ,and leaves" ;)

breezer said:
do you know who said " I am not a number, i am a frre man"?

it was said by Number 6

and in case any one doesn't know
Village2.jpg
this is "the village"

and they even have "prisoner conventions/ meetings there (ok so in the actul hotel / its grounds)

Prisoners.jpg

here are a bunch of people with a "rover"

be seeing you

That blokes testicle is about to explode. :eek: :D

:LOL: :cry: :eek: :LOL: ....Danger Man was a good series, and the precursor of The Prisoner with Pat Mc Goohan

Nige F said:
:LOL: :cry: :eek: :LOL: ....Danger Man was a good series, and the precursor of The Prisoner with Pat Mc Goohan
dah dah de dah de de de de de dah (repeat) Yes indeed it was supposed to answer questions as to why he retired from the secret service job he had in Danger Man. Unfortunately I don't think it succeeded very well, those that watched the prisoner will understand.
The prisoner ended up as a vehicle fro Mc Goohan's directorial and scriptwriting role and his lack of ideas towards the end of the series are evident. Still great entertainment though :)

better was

Space 1999 .. lol

her who could turn into animal ... MMmmm

Moz said:
better was

Space 1999 .. lol

her who could turn into animal ... MMmmm
you speak of Maya ( Catherine Schell) Yes agreed phwoar!

Rover was a .............meterological (weather) balloon :eek: Brilliant image of the face pressing into it @ the start of each programme. Lotus 7 car wasn`t bad either, burning down a near deserted M1.......the ending of the series was crud because the powers that be cut Mc Goohan`s budget, apparently. If only they had the foresight.

Sponsored Links
Back