I'm not ninebob!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just in case anyone is suspicious of my lack of posting (which you may have noticed, as the total number of irrelevant posts per day has halved ;) ), I am not the alterego of ninebob (who explained his lack of posting the other day), nor are we off secretly plotting how we can take over the whole of DIYnot (cue evil laugh). :eek:

No, it is because I plugged my PC in on Monday, and was treated to a rather enjoyable fireworks display! Well, enjoyable to the extent that it gave one an invigorating adrenaline boost, but not enjoyable in that the PSU is now caput, and I am hoping that the rest of the computer hasn't gone to silicon heaven (not the Playboy DVD, I'm talking about where calculators go when they die).

So, that means I am currently relying entirely on my work PC to do anything internet based, and for some unfathomable reason my company feels that my job takes priority over posting analogies between jaffa cakes and the finer points of quantum physics! Crazy or what! :LOL:

Normal service shall be resumed at the weekend, when I get the chance to fix my computer.

I'll say this though, I'm getting a lot more sleep without a PC to keep me hammering away at the keys until the wee hours!

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
Just in case anyone is suspicious of my lack of posting (which you may have noticed, as the total number of irrelevant posts per day has halved ;) ), I am not the alterego of ninebob (who explained his lack of posting the other day), nor are we off secretly plotting how we can take over the whole of DIYnot (cue evil laugh). :eek:

No, it is because I plugged my PC in on Monday, and was treated to a rather enjoyable fireworks display! Well, enjoyable to the extent that it gave one an invigorating adrenaline boost, but not enjoyable in that the PSU is now caput, and I am hoping that the rest of the computer hasn't gone to silicon heaven (not the Playboy DVD, I'm talking about where calculators go when they die).

So, that means I am currently relying entirely on my work PC to do anything internet based, and for some unfathomable reason my company feels that my job takes priority over posting analogies between jaffa cakes and the finer points of quantum physics! Crazy or what! :LOL:

Normal service shall be resumed at the weekend, when I get the chance to fix my computer.

I'll say this though, I'm getting a lot more sleep without a PC to keep me hammering away at the keys until the wee hours!
Sounds to me like you wore it out :LOL:

AdamW said:
I'll say this though, I'm getting a lot more sleep without a PC (Personal Companion) to keep me hammering away at the keys until the wee hours!

Said Cecil Parkinson :LOL:

AdamW said:

Definate case of FAIRYDUST ;)

Sponsored Links
C'mon, Thermo, man (not Thermoman!!!), get the saying right!!

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

courtesy W. Shakespeare.16XX

So then Adam, the super silent hypo thermodynamic superconducting PSU you were singing the praises of fried your pooter!!!

For God sake man stick to the standard set-up, so what if it sounds like a fully laden Vulcan at take off!

And now you bring my attention to the Ninebob thing... ;)

No, the super silent hypo thermodynamic superconducting PSU never showed up, the company I ordered from (back in September) never got stock :cry: However, one quick Google yesterday, I found two independent computer shops in England that stocked it. There is now one sitting with the Goods In boys at work, I'm just off to go and collect it.

so what if it sounds like a fully laden Vulcan at take off

I wish it had sounded like a fully-laden Vulcan at take-off, would have been quieter! :LOL:

indeed tis nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of thine enemy

yeh verily, it appeareth that thou hath commenced what has the propensity to runneth for the passing of many rising suns (not shakespere but more coming!)

Forsooth? Not 'alf!

Got the new PSU in and running, is an absolutely amazing piece of kit... No noise whatsoever, not even from the capacitors (which you get in some switch-mode supplies). The loudest thing in my computer is now the two older hard-discs. I tried unplugging them leaving just the new one (especially chosen for quietness) and I could barely hear anything, just a slight whir if I really strained!

Only issue now is that when the old PSU blew it somehow erased parts of the memory of my router which I need to reconfigure this weekend, hence still no internet access as yet! :mad:

Sponsored Links
Back