Enforced DIYnot Holiday!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just me to say I'm back again...my PC did a "ninebob" (or was it an "AdamW"?).....

The PSU exploded, anyway!

The computer guy fitted the PSU out of my old one and here I am.

Seems to be happening to lots of folks. Is it DIYnot's site writing a fatal virus into the hardware, causing catastrophic failure days later????? :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
Just me to say I'm back again...my PC did a "ninebob" (or was it an "AdamW"?).....

Seems to be happening to lots of folks. Is it DIYnot's site writing a fatal virus into the hardware, causing catastrophic failure days later????? :LOL: :LOL:

Secure who ???

:D :D :D

Sorry Simon, it must be a virus. I tried slipping a condom over the mains plug of my PC but it stopped my PC working.

Still, it's well exciting when sparks and fire shoot out the back of your PC! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Hey, it wasn't my fault! Good to see you back anyway marra!

securespark said:

Adam's PC tends to take out the national grid when it goes bang! :LOL: ( all the extras he has bolted on)

Why do you think the upgraded space shuttle's first mission was delayed? ;)

AdamW said:
Still, it's well exciting when sparks and fire shoot out the back of your PC! :LOL:

Try telling that to Blackie! He was sitting on the windowsill behind the PC when it happened........

And I seriously considered getting the fire extinguisher out of the Czech Chariot!! Not for the cat, I hasten to add.......!

yesterday when i got in, 1 of my monitors packed in. started flickering really badly and sounded like it was gonna blow up. so i had to get another monitor

andrew2022 said:
yesterday when i got in, 1 of my monitors packed in. started flickering really badly and sounded like it was gonna blow up. so i had to get another monitor
I had an old telly a few years back, the screen went one day to having black bars at the top and bottom, much like watching a widescreen broadcast except there were a couple of millimetres at the top of "white noise" flicker. It was still watchable and I couldn't afford a new one at the time so I stuck with it. A few weeks later I came home from the pub and as I watched it the black bars started closing in, about a centimetre every minute. Any sober person would probably have switched it off straight away, but I was intrigued thinking "I wonder what'll happen when it reaches the middle?" :rolleyes:

The answer: "FLASH ! :eek: BANG ! :eek: "

The memory of carrying a smoking telly outside in that state still amuses me... :D

ninebob said:
The answer: "FLASH ! :eek: BANG ! :eek: "

The memory of carrying a smoking telly outside in that state still amuses me... :D
That happened to me a few years ago but the telly was on fire and don't laugh I was watching London Burning at the time :!: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back