costomer avoidance practioners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went into my local PC World a few weeks back looking for a new computer. Left 15 minutes later after being avoided by no less than five sales people. Came home and a few days later saw their ad on tv where there are lots of these guys floating around the store. Went back again and found exactly the same thing happened. Came home and ordered a Dell took delivery and am now very happy. I really did want to buy a computer but I didn't have a megaphone with me to summons help. What is it with these guys?

Sponsored Links
andor said:
Went into my local PC World a few weeks back looking for a new computer. Left 15 minutes later after being avoided by no less than five sales people. Came home and a few days later saw their ad on tv where there are lots of these guys floating around the store. Went back again and found exactly the same thing happened. Came home and ordered a Dell took delivery and am now very happy. I really did want to buy a computer but I didn't have a megaphone with me to summons help. What is it with these guys?

I think its a different tacked from them - being less pushy!

Everytime a sales person asks 'Can I help?', I always answer, 'No - just browsing, thanks'. If I want to ask something, I will find someone and ask!

Why didn't you walk up and ask someone for 'elp?? :)

Suits me, I hate being hassled when I'm having a browse.
Their advice is crap anyway, the sales staff are good at selling, but their in-depth technical knowledge may be patchy. Best to research specs in the mags and websites, knowing roughly what you need before you go in.

I was in there with my mate a while back, talking about graphic card specs, and the PC World sales assistant started asking US about what graphics card HE should get for 3D work. :rolleyes:

I got a free Sky box from pc world. :D They had an offer on, free sky plus box with a large LCD screen. I bought a 32 inch philips. Bloke phones sky to order it, promo finished yesterday! but all posters and toblerones were on display so pc world had to bear the £200 loss :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I went into Homebase on a Thursday 10 mins before they closed, they'd put all the gear out for the 10% off day which was the next day. As the signs were up when I was at checkout I made them do a credit and knock 10% off my bill*.

Ah, it's the little things in life! :cool:

*I saved about £2.20 :oops:

Back