I'm really worried regarding the plaster I've just pulled off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we are having some work done in our house and one wall in our living room has had some patching up on it however it had blown. We are getting the full wall re done however to help out plaster we have done down to the brick. It never crossed my mind about asbestos however I've been informed it could of been in the plaster from our walls. Is that the case? How can I tell? I'm so worried now because the dust was shocking. I think our house was built in 1920 and part of the wall seemed original. Thank you there is nothing I can do because it's done now but I'm really worried.

Sponsored Links
Thank you I didn't see any hairs in it, I will have a look tomorrow it's currently in rubble sacks in the garden. It's more the old stuff I'm worried about as it's a different colour. If I post photos would that help? Also who can I send it off too to test. I'm a worrier and I stupidly exposed myself with no mask for some time x

Sponsored Links
Chappers is right I'm afraid Dingle. Whilst you could get tested for aids, and then take the appropriate steps to keep it at bay, in your case, testing the plaster for asbestos would only worry you more if it were to have some in it; this would in effect just worry you even more.

I can pretty much say with certainty, that there won't be any asbestos in the plaster, and I can guarantee that you've been subject to a lot more dangers to date.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back