Immersion Heater Element / Boiler Pressure Loss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a HW cylinder that leaks slightly from where the immersion element is screwed into the cylinder. It can go several days and not leak, then this morning for example there's 200ml of water in the tub I've placed underneath it. Couple of plumbers had a look and loathe to touch it in case the element breaks in situ. Baffling.

I am on a sealed system, my question is would this leak - when it occurs - be responsible for the drop in boiler pressure of 0.1bar-0.2bar? I have no visible leaks from any pipework.

Regards

Sponsored Links
Unlikely, they're almost certainly separate issues, unless your cylinder is actually a thermal store

I assume it's not one of those - it's a TWS TwinBoost 210litre cylinder, put in to deliver mains pressure to bath/shower when we switched over from vented to unvented 10 years ago.

1. It won't affect your boiler pressure.
2. Are you sure you are looking at boiler pressure, or do you have a pressure gauge on an expansion vessel for the unvented hot water cylinder?
3. Unvented cylinders should be serviced annually. You need a G3 registered engineer to work on them.

Sponsored Links
1. Thanks, good to know
2. Yes, pressure gauge on boiler
3. Serviced recently along with the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back