Immersion heater problem-Econ 7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have 2 immersion heaters connected to a hot water cylinder which works with economy 7 heating.
The immersion heater is in a cupboard in the bathroom. There is a switch for each of the immersion heater.

One of the switches is faulty and it is located next to the immersion heater. So it's difficult to replace the switch as the cylinder is in the way. That switch is for controlling the overnight heating of water.

The other switch for the other immersion heater is closer to the front and works fine, but this is for the immersion heater which is for peak period heating i.e. for immediate heating of water.

So, my questions are,
1) is it possible to fix the broken switch without taking the cylinder out, as I assume this would be a very expensive process?
2) or is it possible to put a timer on the switch which works so that we can set it to any time for heating e.g. before 7.30am in the morning so that the water can heat up at the night cheap off peak rate? I have some normal plug-in timers.
Any other suggestions will be most welcome.

Sponsored Links
sunni, also post a picture of your mains setup - the fuse boxes and meters and cutout block.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back