immersion heater thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello need to renew old thermostat which is 13 amp but can only find 15 amp ones online can i use the 15 amp one many thanks

Sponsored Links
What type of thermostat are talking about?
If it is the immersion rod stat/element, they are generally 3kW.
But do vary in length.

thermostat rod has 13 amp stamped on it can i replace it with a 15 amp rod

Sponsored Links
Yup - the rating is the maximum current it can switch. No problems if that is greater than the current it is used for.

really sorry don`t understand technical terms can i use 15 amp many thanks

The thermostat can be 13, 15 or 16 amp it does not matter, what does matter is the length 7", 11" or 18" going by the Screwfix adverts, also some are Dual Safety Thermostats others are not, in others there is a separate cut-out,
IH311TC.JPG
this immersion has separate cut out. Some cut outs designed where there is multi-source heating have a reset button so if the solid fuel heating causes over heating you can reset the cut out, in this case there will be a header tank made of metal or heat resistance plastic, but where only water heating is with electric, often a thermal plastic header tank is used and a non re-setable cut out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back